Pages

Thursday, January 27

Reasons to be Cheerful, 10,11,12.

It's that time of the week again! Why not join in?



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


It's that time of the week again! 3 more reasons to be cheerful.




I lost 3lb this week - which means I was awarded with my 1stone loss certificate! I am so chuffed! 2 more stone to go, but I am one third down the road of my journey.
 

I made a new friend this week and I am so pleased I did. I am sure some of you will know Mum@themadhouse . Well, it would appear we are only a few miles away from each other so I invited her round for lunch and she brought me this wonderful gift! I am looking forward to popping in for coffee and getting to know her. I am sure we will have fun together.



Our neighbours/friends are moving this weekend and John brought me over some very special keepsakes which I am honoured to have. John's mum was a teacher and a keen porcelain painter - he has given me her paints, so I have sent off for a book of instructions and will be putting the paints to a good use. He also gave me her sewing machine - a "singer" again, I was so touched - even more reason to get my sewing skills sorted. I have had an idea of getting together a group of friends and neighbours once a fortnight to learn and share new crafts - should be fun!

All in all a great week!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, those are reasons to be cheerful indeed. Well done on the weight loss - brilliant; you must be so chuffed! And lovely to meet another blogger - especislly bearing a pretty gift! AND a new (old) sewing machine and paints - fab!! You're going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great reasons to be cheerful and many congratulations on losing a stone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss! Lovely reasons! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you'll soon be "stitchin and bitchin" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super reasons. Huge congrats on the weight loss certificate, that's great going!

    Thanks also for visiting my blog.

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your weight loss, I got genuinely excited when I saw the photo and recognised the Slimming World logo! I am Slimming Worlds biggest fan after losing a lot of weight with them, am really pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely reasons to be cheerful Denise - wish we lived a little bit nearer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!
    And how wonderful to have the sewing machine and the paints given to you.
    The intended class sounds like a brilliant idea. Wish I lived up the road!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the weight loss and I love the sound of the Singer sewing machine - we used to use really old ones when I was in school, real nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful stuff :-) The teacup candle cheered me up just by how comforting it looked in a picture.

    Congrats on the three pounds ... I notice the certificate is not, in fact, from Weight Watchers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful reasons to be cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the weight loss. Made me think about getting my sewing machine out again. It is ages since I did- apart from curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on all accounts! It is always uplifting to read cheerful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! On the weight loss and new friend.
    Love the candle in the tea-cup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on the weight loss, hope you continue well on that journey. I am finding losing my baby weight so hard. You must be very disciplined. Have fun with the paints and the sewing machine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. More wonderful reasons to be cheerful. I love the teacup candle, so pretty, and well done on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on the weight loss! - small world, I work with your consultant's hubby! Gorgeous teacup candle too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely to find a fellow blogger living close enough to meet up, and to find you get on when you do.. and the idea of having a fortnightly craft get together sounds great. Did you see the feature in CL magazine then? IS that what sparked the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the weight loss, and the new friend. I wish I had more time to sew. I have 2 sewing machines, but no time. I need to toss a few of those irons out of the fire so I can do things I like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was delightful to meet you and yes we will get to know each other better. I am glad you liked the candle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read your comments over at Weaver's blog and though today I would just come over and check out your blog.
    I have always loved your avatar what a fabulous Duck !
    I read some of your older blogs, love the chicken posts...

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that craft related cheeryness - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! How lovely to succeed and make a new friend and be given some lovely mementoes - three very good reasons to be cheerful :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.