Pages

Tuesday, January 24

24th January

Tuesday - Zumba first thing with the gals. I drove this week so Anne and I travelled in together, meeting Jacky and Sharon there. I must admit I am getting "into" zumba as I become more familiar with the moves. Easington is a relatively new class, just a couple of miles away new faces too. Class is an hour with a period set aside for toning. Must admit I ached after last night's session - as did Anne so I am hoping it is doing some good. Last Friday I went to Walking Football. I hadn't been for quite a while following an injury I sustained during a session. It was quite severe and I had to go to physiotherapy for a few sessions, at my own expense. I had attended the sessions from day 1, encouraging others to go too - I was even instrumental in a bit of match making! (Still going strong and gloriously happy I add too!) As the group has grown and developed the pace of the game has increased as has the speed of the balls etc. I think my confidence and strength has decreased and I am thinking about not going for a while, sticking to zumba instead! Yes there were new faces there but with no proper introductions not many knew me. Let's see. When I was a Member Pioneer for the Co-op one thing I did learn was the roles we play when doing any community initiative/project. One important role is that of a "connector." We don't have to organise, manage and attend everything that comes along but we can "connect" I look at the people who I connected with and introduced to Walking Football, it now being an important part of their social life and I am happy with the part I played. They have grown and developed over the past year whilst I took time out. Maybes accept and move on Denise? Tuesday is also Slimming World and that means weigh in. I am 11 weeks into my target and let's just see what the scales say! Looking back at some photos I can see the difference and will continue with the regime! Chilli featured heavily this week due to a culinary incident in the kitchen. The good thing however is Jon is enjoying chilli soup!

Photos below 1993? 1996, 2002, the last one is me last Christmas.
 

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, you're busy. Those are great ways to meet people and get fit at the same time. I'm good at the theory - not so good at the practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a difference, you have done very well. Never tried Zumba.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.