Pages

Sunday, April 6

M is for Meat Free Mexican Chilli!



Like many others I try to be economic with the food shopping. I despise waste and love a bargain. As I have explained on endless occasions (just tell me to shut up about it :D) I attend Slimming World on a weekly basis to keep track of my weight. Whilst I am at target I still feel it essential to keep an eye on matters as we don't want any issues ballooning, ie me! From time to time we have a taster night where we all take along a dish for the supper table. The condition is that the food must be an appropriate choice, ie which ties in with the Slimming world regime.
 
A few weeks ago on one such occasion I made a Meat free chilli - straight from a packet! Price of packet - 74p! It is totally syn free. I added extra vegetables it was definitely one of the favourites of the night!
 
( Syns is shorthand for synergy – Slimming World believes it’s the synergy between the three components of the plan, ie. Free Foods, Healthy Extras and Syns, that makes Food Optimising effective at enabling weight loss. Nevertheless, many of the Syns are effectively what other diet plans would call treats. But Syns also includes foods found in the Healthy Extras, allowing you to eat bigger portions of these foods if you want them).

9 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I can remember in the 70's when my friends did the Slimming world diet and they were called sins. I'm glad they changed the name.
    I have their flip over recipe collection of sauces from around the world which we use a lot.My husband loves the tagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds so healthy - as long as it's not "too" spicy, I'd love it.

    leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meat free chilli sound very good.
    I really like vegetarian type "meat" dishes sometimes better than the original. Daughter is a vegetarian although she will eat some fish. I love fish and usually pick it over beef and even chicken.
    I make a cassoulet that calls for chorizo and like the soy chorizo in it better, less oil and fat.
    You are doing fabulous.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...... that would suit me fine.
    I have to travel a fair way to get to that particular shop but next time I go..... will pick up a few packets. Two bus journeys away and I can use my bus pass! Nice day out.
    Thanks!
    maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know where our nearest Asda is Denise but I shall look in Tesco for something similar. I do not care for meat and as the weeks go on I care for it less and less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip! I've just done my Asda online shopping but I may go and 'amend'......x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of not eating meat, Paul McCartney is coming to my town in July!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent post for my vegetarian daughter in Australia and it is delicious at the same time!
    I wish you a great week.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photo shows a pretty generous filling in the taco!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.