Pages

Sunday, January 30

Something hot n spicy for Sunday!

I am not sure where I saw this cartoon but it did make me laugh and seemed appropriate to share in the new Weekend Cookery challenge I am taking part of.



As I shared on Friday I am following Slimming World's Diet and was thrilled to lose 1 stone. I would like to lose a further 2 stone but am happy with the progress I am making. All the recipes I share will be what I eat on a regular basis as part of my diet.
From time to time we have taster sessions and the recipe I am sharing today was voted one of the favourites at class.

Denise's hot n spicy lettle something.
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tins kidney beans
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon chilli

Blitz tomatoes + dry curry powders in processor
Add kidney beans and blitz till beans are just broken up - not mushy

Meanwhile in microwave or on cooker scramble 2 eggs
Stir in some of the spicy mixture

Enjoy!

This mixture is also great on a crispbread on top of fat free cottage cheese.

16 comments:

  1. Ha ha, great cartoon. You've done really well losing a stone, good luck with the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm ... sounds good : ) And the cartoon is a trip! It actually is how I think of my "recipes".

    The truth is, I don't cook. I'm a dreadful cook. It's not even funny, no matter how hard I try, I ruin pretty much everything (including macaroni and cheese out of the box and something called "foolproof fudge" ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cartoon :-)
    Your recipe sounds delicious - curry and chilli always add zing to food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cartoon! The recipe looks hot! Might try it - often 'diet' foods are rather bland. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, Denise and well done on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cartoon Denise, I may have to sort my recipes into the same order. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwaaaahaaaaahaaa. Loved the cartoon. Too funny, too often true.

    I life that easy recipe too.

    And wooo hoo to you for your loss of 1 stone. Wow. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cartoon, and the tomatoes and spicy stuff sound delicious. thanks. I could lose a few stones too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cartoon! I like the recipe too. Good luck with your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might have seen it at my blog. Posted it a bit ago. Great comic. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting dish and very easy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cartoon! Thank you for calling in on my blog and leaving such a kind message. Am I right in thinking that the NEC event is at the end of March? If so - the tickets would be lovely! Lol Jx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a disappointment Denise - I thought something hot and spicy for the weekend was going to be Mr Nesbitt!!!
    I shall, however, try this recipe as it sounds good.

    I contacted your blog friend who is moving up to Richmond.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.