Pages

Tuesday, November 18

Sewing for England



My neighbour Anne is my curtain guru. Whilst she has been away for a few days I decided to embark on the task of altering the new curtains for our bedroom. ...... there was a hitch! I cut too much off and had to join up the curtain length with a seam. I did that and am now hemming both curtains.
All the time I was going through the various actions  it would seem there was an alternative......to remove the rufflette  tape and cut from the top - thus saving the bother of re-hemming. This was pointed out to me by a friend as I pinned the hem. I was informed that the hem will never be as good as the original one.

Well hindsight is a marvellous thing but in one way I have enjoyed the whole process of re-stitching, pinning, bleeding and altering the curtains.

Today the wardrobe arrives - sometime between 12 noon and 6pm. I will receive a phone call when the delivery van is approximately 1 hour away. Jon needs to go and collect a parcel - so it just may be that I go and collect the parcel and Jon sees to the delivery - who knows if that is the case he just may well assemble the wardrobe by the time I return! Whatever the case next time I write here I should have a photo of the completed room to share. In the meantime don't look too closely at the photo or you will see the spots of blood caused by the pins! I must go and remove the stains, never mind writing about it!

Watch this space!
ABC Wednesday S for Sewing  and in my garden S is for STILL have more bulbs to plant!

9 comments:

  1. Red curtains next time perhaps? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice curtains and I rather like the cat sitting on the basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are very much like me Denise - I would have cut some off the bottom and then realised that it would have been easier to work on the top - when it was too late. Look forward to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for completing the curtains, I am looking forward to seeing the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha... hemming curtains is always hard.
    Good luck with the new wardrobe.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good at sewing, so I admire anyone who can.
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. I sometimes donate a little bit of red when I sew too. I have thought about sewing new curtains for the kitchen window every morning for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all need a curtain guru!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol if I lived closer we could have a sewing bee! Did the taking the parcel ploy work - was the wardrobe magically assembled on your return lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.