Pages

Friday, November 7

Healthy comfort food.

 



Whilst I maintain a healthy eating regime and maintain my weight loss, when the nights draw in and the days are cold I get the craving for good old comfort food.
Corned beef pie! Heaven.
No pastry however and I skipped the mashed potato in favour of sliced potatoes to give more texture. I also used double onions - absolutely gorgeous.

For Slimmingworld people - the whole pie was 2 syns - about 6 ample portions.







I fancy doing some smaller portions  for party/buffet food over the holiday period.


 
 
 

 

Corned beef pie.
 
2 slices corned beef – heated for 1 minute in microwave on kitchen towel.
4 large potatoes sliced and par-boiled
2 onions chopped & cooked.
2 spring onions – chopped
4 eggs
1 tub fat free cottage cheese
1 tomato – sliced

Beat eggs, add cottage cheese, corned beef, and onions
Line base of casserole with sliced potato
Add layer of corned beef mixture.
Another layer of potatoes
Add layer of corned beef mixture
Arrange tomatoes and sliced potato on top.

Cook at 200 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes.
 
ENJOY!



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy recipe. I rarely buy corned beef anymore but I do love it, especially in a sandwich with ketchup. I know, it probably sounds awful, but tastes great. I might try this recipe, especially if it's low calorie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this in the past but, without potato, with sliced tomatoes on top, still very tasty!
    I might make it for dinner tomorrow night with the potatoes in proportion of one serving of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely. I am definitely going to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmmmmmmm tasty.
    I rather like the sound of this.
    Rather like it cut small with the potato on top or a tomato. Very party like.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like my sort of comfort food Denise. Corned beef has gone on my on line order to Tesco for Sunday morning - will report back when I have cooked the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I'm going to have add this to the menu this week. We've got a bit samey with our SW recipes here at the mo and I need to try something new - and I love corned beef. Thanks D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.