Pages

Tuesday, August 26

Getting there......with Geraniums!

We are getting there - the bank holiday weekend saw both of us working our socks off in the garden. A good hot bath was definitely the way to end the mammoth sessions and the front garden is coming along.

At this time of year the supermarkets often have some bargains, so a few weeks ago I bought some reduced geraniums for a fraction of the normal price. I have added some nasturtium seeds which are now growing through.



I have bought some plug plants for my dry stone wall - 3rd along is "Green Gables".


There are some Geraniums in the wall too, these come every year and add a colourful splash to the wall.


I have been using some pebbles at the side of the drive, at the bottom of the wall. This is an area the hens love to scrat about in, often flicking the gravel under the garage , making it difficult to open the doors, this should stop this. I think it finishes the wall well and as moss grows over the pebbles by this time next year things should look even better.


This is the part of the drive I have to finish.



Of course I was being watched by Eva who had nipped through the fence for her morning walk!


Sadie checks over a geranium for the photograph!



Thank you Sadie - beautiful.

Back to the GRINDSTONE for me! Watch this space.

My G contribution for ABC Wednesday - focussing on the Nesbitt garden challenge - and boy what a challenge it is. Follow the link on my sidebar for more fun.




27 comments:

  1. everything is looking beautiful. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those arrangements in the top photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny - just trying to improve the entrance.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of the geraniums in the containers with nasturtium! Gorgeous!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the nasturtiums will be flowering shortly - should last for September.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Roger - yes very green due to the amount of rain we've had!

      Delete
  5. Envious.... "and as moss grows grows the pebbles by this time nest year" Godoness this sounds so lovely.
    By next year my new pebbles with have the the same dust as the old one had. hahaha

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want some moss Parsnip? lol! For some reason we have copious amounts here.

      Delete
  6. I am a great geranium fan Denise - that includes Pelargoniums and also the herbaceous geraniums - I have got a lot of different ones. Most of my tubs have them in - they look after themselves and in the garden borders they are so trouble free. Have you got Russel Pritchard and Johnson's Blue (both are a rich blue) - if not come over one afternoon on that bike and I'll give you a root for your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to pop over soon Pat. xxx Will give you a call.

      Delete
  7. Looking good. I have both hardy geraniums in my garden and the tender bedding type, they're all real do gooders, they bloom on and on with very little care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice geraniums. You are working hard and making things look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wall is looking really good, love how you've used those succulents in the gaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist buying a new succulent or alpine plant every time I go to a garden centre! Am looking forward to seeing them all flower. Will be sharing the photos so be warned Jessica.

      Delete
  10. Goodness, what a lot of work! Our geraniums constantly have to be checked for caterpillars that make short work of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybes nasturtiums were a bad choice - caterpillars and all that - we'll have to see Chris.

      Delete
  11. Wow, such beautiful pictures of your garden. The stone wall looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a very lovey garden !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so nice! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the old milk jug with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise, I haven't had chance to blog in so long, its been great catching up with your goings on! The garden is looking great, I love geraniums. We should have been cracking on in the garden over the bank holiday but I was busy with school preparation so the nettles continue to race on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty Geraniums! Geraniums are my Mom's favorite plant, she has many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a very sweet garden you have. The Mama grows geraniums all over the front and back yards. We like how they go forth and multiply, with and without the help of the Mama taking cuttings and plopping them into the ground here and there.
    Take 25 to Hollister

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautifully crafted. I like your friends here as well. Saw your Honda over at Weaver's blog and being a biker myself I wanted to check you out and say ALOHA from Honolulu



    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.