Pages

Tuesday, August 12

E is for Enterprising.

We have had a few rainy days so I used the opportunity to do some pottering in the greenhouse. A couple of plant offers were a crime not to miss so I was excited to plant up my purchases. However - being the enthusiastic list maker/organiser I am - the plants were labelled accordingly,for approaching planting plans. Sadly - being the blonde that I am one label was positioned in such a way the writing faded in the sun! I can however identify the plants by some research, ie checking the invoice, Echinacea Primadonna 'Rosea' was the plant, together with catmint, salvia and phlox.



I have been browsing some seed catalogues too and will sit down and make a detailed plan of the various ideas and thoughts I have for the garden - but whilst the weather is okay I will continue working outside. I have been working on the dry stone wall -


Here is a before and after....just a small preview! The hens use this wall to get into the field next door to our drive - hence the chippings being flicked onto the drive. I have counted about 20 alpine plants which I have planted into the wall - plenty room for some more, infact I bought another 4 today! Rude not to!

Needless to say once the gals detected I was weeding they came along to help!




Looking back on just one week I can see my EFFORTS are paying off, or should that be our efforts, myself and the gals....egg production is up too!

E, for Enterprising, ABC Wednesday.

30 comments:

  1. Good show, Denise! You're very organized, I must say. Even Lorne (who loves gardening and is always puttering around) hasn't organized his pots so well. Have a great week,

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job! I love those old walls being covered with flowers and moss-grown.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes |Moss is a little environment all on it's own!

      Delete
  3. Always a pleasure to read you; thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we reap the fruits of our efforts, Denise :)
    Being enterprising helps! I love the word as it shows a lot of promise & positivity! Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be half organized like that!
    Sure sign of success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwwwwww I would love to see you and The Ladies all together weeding the garden. They look extremely busy.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space! We will see what we can arrange AP.

      Delete
  7. thanks for sharing your enterprising gals too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stone wall looks so pretty and rustic, with the hens giving a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love some girls to come and help me when I am pottering in the garden!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love to have free range chickens.

    frankly my dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Your seedlings look so pretty and healthy. I also like your hens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is why I want chickens. Company in the garden. Eggs a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when efforts pay off. I have so much weeding that needs to be done. Love your chickens...
    Your stone wall is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A busy week in your garden - glad you have the gals to help out :)
    Your wall is looking good!
    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the best with your all your productions. http://lauriekazmierczak.com/eights/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Inspiring garden pictures. Hope you succeed in managing the potted beauties. loved the lovely hens and the rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A few nice juicy worms do wonders for a few extra eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The wall looks beautiful, and as always, your chickens are delightful. I love watching the progress of this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good you're getting help from the girls...... as long as they don't eat the alpines!
    The wall is looking lovely so they obviously don't!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is more successful plant labelling than Husband's I can assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun project! Now, I want to do something like that. But, then I'm enthusiastic more in my dreams than in my doing. Still, I never know. I could do a small something with bricks and have plants grow out of them.
    Take 25 to Hollister
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.