Pages

Tuesday, May 6

Q is for Quirky Quiche


Since joining Slimmingworld and changing my eating regime one thing I have cut out completely is pastry. As we speak I have a quiche in the oven for my dinner tonight - ham, mushroom, sweetcorn, pepper and spring onion. On Monday I made the most of a cooked tuna steak and used that in a quiche, together with rocket, sweetcorn and red onion. Basic recipe is as follows:-

1 carton fat free cottage cheese
4 eggs - beaten.

Basically mix together the cheese and eggs then add any vegetables of choice. If using frozen veg make sure it is defrosted and drained to remove the excess water. Add any other ingredients ie lean meat, chicken, tuna then put mixture into a flan dish that has been sprayed with frylight. Cook until "set" and golden brown. I LOVE quiche at room temperature, definitely not straight from the oven, however when desperately hungry I can manage it when hot. Serve with salad. Trust me you will never go back to faffing on with any baking blind malarkey!

This is my Q in my ABC food adventure. I knew right from the beginning I would introduce the lovely Quiche for Q!

For more ABC fun follow the link in my sidebar.

22 comments:

  1. Oops, just leaves me mouth watering!! What else would it do to an 7months pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to tea I can tell you Sushma

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounds delish! Must try this!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie - loved your wedding video. Dxx

      Delete
  3. Your quirky quiche looks delicious. Carver, ABCW-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make something quite like it. I really don't like the crust and only ate the fillings anyway.
    This must taste so good with your chickens eggs.
    How are your chickens doing after the long winter ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens are fantastically lovely AP - can't bring myself to use their eggs in baking - I use them for poaching or boiling - these eggs are from a neighbours chickens. xx

      Delete
  5. Yum Yum! That really look delicious, must try it, I haven't made a quiche for some time..
    Di.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely! I prefer quiche at room temperature as well - it's just more yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture perfect food—yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly made the whole thing look greatly appetising Denise. I shall try this because really I often don't make quiche because I can't be bothered to make the pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quiche, I will have to try this. Only... how many grams in a carton? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah! i pop in after ages and you're talking food made with eggs :) That sounds deliciously simple, no soggy (or saggy!) bottoms either. how are your girls? Mo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still behaving with your food I see. Next time I see you, in a few weeks on my island, you'll be down a few more dress sizes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks pretty inviting!
    http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2014/05/quench.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like quiche of any kind !! This looks slurrrrrrppppp

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/05/a-z-reflection/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks really delicious and fulfilling!

    Q is for...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.