Pages

Wednesday, April 23

O is for Out of this world.


 
We don't do Macdonalds - haven't done for years. When the gals at Slimmingworld were raving about this new recipe I had to give it a try! It was deeeeeeeeeellllllicioussssssss!
 
 
Burger in a bowl

 Frylight
500g extra lean mince. (I used one of my very low fat burgers)
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed (I didn’t use any)
Salt & Pepper
½ iceberg lettuce shredded
8 gherkins sliced
1 red onion finely chopped
2 tomatoes roughly chopped.

 

SW super sauce

3 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
5 tbsp fat free fromage frais
1 level tbsp American syle mustard
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp white wine vinegar (I didn’t use any)
½ tsp garlic salt (I didn’t use any)
¼ tsp onion granules (I didn’t use any)
¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika  (I didn’t use any)

 

Frylight mince, onions and garlic until beef is cooked and onions softened.
Season.

Put all Sauce ingredients in bowl and whisk.

Mix together lettuce, gherkins, onion and tomatoes and divide between 4 wide bowls.

 
Spoon bees mixture in top, drizzle over the sauce and serve.

 

THEN EAT AND ENJOY THE LUSHNESS!
 
This is my late contribution for ABC Wednesday - for more exciting stuff follow the link in my sidebar.

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious !

    BTW when you leave a comment on my blog your link says that it is a private blog and I am not allowed to comment ! That's the reason I couldn't answer your last comment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five minutes ago I found some lean mince in the freezer, so guess what we are having for lunch tomorrow! Only thing I haven't got is the lettuce - and the farmer won't mind that one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually eat my burgers wrapped in lettuce. Once in awhile I will have a bun but not often.
    "In and Out Burgers" makes the best burgers and they have the lettuce wrapped burgers.
    Enjoying your ABC's

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and is very well presented.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.