Pages

Monday, September 15

J is for Joy and Junk

 
 
A couple of weeks ago I came across this simple bird ornament for £4.99. I have put it on the snug windowsill overlooking one of the bird feeding areas. Today the weather has changed and the thick fog following the rain is really awful, but sitting inside, keeping warm, watching the birds is a real joy.


The current buzz  words seem to be shabby chic - we call it junk.
 I have some of my shabby junk around the garden - waiting for some inspiring transformations. These will be part of my winter to do projects.
 

Tractor bits
 


Here is one I have actually utilized...
 
 
An old London barrow (notice hen in background and foggy sky!)
 


The birds never took to this birdhouse so I found a purpose - will move it later in the season.



In my greenhouse lurks a Jasmin awaiting a new home - label fell off so not sure which it is - fun when they flower then!



Lots have been happening in the garden, but on a day like this there is only one place to be.
 
I am wondering if it is time to think of autumn clothes....going from shorts and trainers to leggings and boots????
 
Watch this space!
 
My J contribution for the ABC of the Nesbitt garden project!

 

21 comments:

  1. I love the little bird ornament, where did you find it? Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the weather has turned foggy where you are hasn't it. I would probably be thinking the same thing about autumn clothes, but here it is still mild and I know I will get too hot. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be doing the same. I like your little bird and look forward to your transformations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a cool summer here, so except for the Autumn colors there is not much difference.. I love your cute bird, a lovely ornament. Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pot and the bird feeder :) Nice pics of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little bird ornament. I've noticed my little robin back in residence, a sure sign that autumn's here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little birdie! And the way you're going to utilize all your "shabby junk" into works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing that the birdies don't use the house because the drainpipe allows easy access for predators.Love love love the wire bird!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sweet little bird.
    Your yard looks so good sunny or foggy !
    Lets hope it is not autumn already ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love the bird Denise, what a great find! I hope the sun comes back out..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Bird ornament Denise! Wirework is something I keep meaning to have a go at. Fancy making some chicken mesh chickens.........They don't need feeding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a cute art work in form of bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little bird ornament ~ Great photo and what a find ~ Junk and Shabby Chic photos are great too for ABCW

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most of my decorating could be classified as junk-I love to repurpose old pieces and make them new again.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bird! Hang on to those shorts until fall really appears...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd say hang onto those shorts, as happywonderer advises :) In the mean time, I wouldn't Jettison a single item of the beautifully Jaunty Junk in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I'm a collector of shabby chic too. Or rather it seems to gather all over the house and garden of its own accord.
    Our weather is still dry and warm and we're making the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of the unused bird house:) And artsy bird is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the fog!! Do I remember that ! I used to love the mysteriousness of it when I was a child. At least it wasn't like the Liverpool and Sheffield smogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.