We as a family have been in the news!
Last week I was featured on the Chris Evan's Breakfast show when I took part in the megaphone challenge, which takes place every morning around 8am! It was really funny and I had many people calling me up to say they had heard me.
I regularly take part on a Hospital Radio Show and a couple of week's ago I shared all about ABC Wednesday which you can listen to here. I am on half way through the programme, 33 minutes 45 seconds into the broadcast. I talk about various recipes and ofcourse ABC gets a mention!
Our Godson has his own radio programme on a local radio station, each Tuesday at 1pm. You can listen to it via this link!
Continuing with my cooking challenge this week I am cooking a traditional lancashire hotpot! A new recipe for me.
* 100g dripping or butter
* 900g stewing lamb , cut into large chunks
* 2 medium onions , chopped
* 4 carrots , peeled and sliced
* 25g plain flour
* 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 500ml lamb or chicken stock
* 2 bay leaves
* 900g potatoes , peeled and sliced
1. Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Heat some dripping or butter in a large shallow casserole dish, brown the lamb in batches, lift to a plate.
2. Fry the onions and carrots in the pan with a little more dripping until golden. Sprinkle over the flour, allow to cook for a couple of mins, shake over the Worcestershire sauce, pour in the stock, then bring to the boil. Stir in the meat and bay leaves, then turn off the heat. Arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat, then drizzle with a little more dripping. Cover, then place in the oven for about 1½ hrs until the potatoes are cooked.
3. Remove the lid, brush the potatoes with a little more dripping, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes, or finish under the grill for 5-8 mins until brown.