Pages

Monday, August 26

The Plan!

 We have lived in this house for 33 years, too long by far. We have decided to put the house on the market - once we have decluttered and had a really good sort out.

The three key areas are the loft, the garage and the shed.

We have spent 2 weekends clearing out the loft - one more should do it.

Today we had a dam good session in the garage.

The clearing out sessions have been accompanied by jon's fires! 

The local charity shop is doing well as are many friends on Facebook where I post items on a regular basis.

Yes it is all very tiring yet cathartic.

Yesterday I had a moment when I came across a stash of cards I had sent mum over the years together with cards of sympathy from both mum and dad's passings. School reports, photographs, a whole episode of my life. 



Tomorrow we are back to a normal routine with Jon being at the workshop and me supporting him. We have made "The Move" the big focus. We haven't been out on the motorbike or done any train spotting, telling ourselves we will have a good break when we move.

Watch this space - it would appear I am back!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back - again:-) Are you moving far away?
    I suppose one day we will have to move. We've lived here for 50 years - unbelievable! I dread the thought of clearing everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi again lol! We are moving back to Guisborough - we haven't put ours on the market yet but are viewing a house on Friday. We know the area and type of house we want - doensizing I guess and wanting to be nearer facilities. We have done the rural dream now! Bring it on we are both saying. The magic words being "Gas Central Heating!" lol!

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to see you back on your blog. How exciting that you have decided to move house. Part of me would love a change of scenery. I imagine we might get to the point of doing something at sometime and maybe even move out of London. I'm not holding my breath though, as OH is showing no signs of wanting to do this anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.