Pages

Tuesday, September 5

September 5th

It's raining today - my new plants therefore are happy. Once we have better weather I'll be planting these out. I visited a friend's garden a couple of months ago and was inspired by her use of grasses amongst the dwarf conifers - I have plans.



The patio - the mammoth task of de-weeding took over the entire weekend - got to the stage of actually lifting off the paving slabs to ensure all roots were removed. Again plans for re-sealing with a mixture of sand/cement together with a weed prevention membrane type of thing.




Serious weeding in the far corner of the garden. Amazing lengths of nettle roots pulled out on Sunday - using these in a green solution for plantfood - came across a very interesting article re stinging nettles here







Bev together with the other 2 gals continues to give us regular eggs - treat today of mealworms.



Jon did a wonderful job on cleaning the Rayburn. I think this will be lit today or tomorrow - coal ordered so I think Summer is leaving us, certainly looking at the falling leaves scattered everywhere.



Off to a presentation this afternoon - remember I asked for votes?
Watch this space!

11 comments:

  1. I am in the process of getting someone to come and completely clean my Aga before I move. The cost is going to be £95 so that is how much you owe Jon, so don't tell him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds an excellent price Pat - we paid double and were not over impressed! The photo I used shows the results after Jon removed the doors and spent considerable time and elbow grease on them.

      Delete
  2. Meal worms? you spoil those chucks. Re nettles, I regard them as easy kills, compared to many other weeds, the roots do tend to stick to the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the UK blogs are talking about rain cool weather ...It is still summer here in US plus in Tucson it was 105 today.
    Not Fall yet.
    Your garden looks lovely.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently we are due one of the WORST winters in history Parsnip - some people just love bringing good news into our lives.

      Delete
  4. Love catching up with your garden news and your hens. Everything looking good.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a lovely Rayburn - my daughter is just about to move to a new house with an oil fired one - not sure how she will get along with it though! Some weeds can be very stubborn but it is satisfying to have a good weed now and again - our biggest problem is Bittercress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise, remember me?! You have done sterling work in your garden. I am battling on with mine but it's nice to know that other people have challenges too. It looks as if yours is like mine - it has never forgotten it used to be a field : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.