Wednesday, November 18

S is for seasonal.



I go to a pottery class every Tuesday - a few weeks ago I started preparing my Christmas project - tree decorations. I am selling these at our Christmas Coffee Morningon 28th November. As I was making them yesterday my friends in the pottery group were buying them. I have another batch which I have glazed waiting to be fired, ready for next Tuesday's class when I will add decorations and embellishments. Planning in advance is the key - so in January I will be planning for February - a Valentine theme I think.



Like any crafter I have a stash of bits and bobs. I have piles of blank labels so I am making gift tags, again to be sold next Saturday.

Busy all the way - I have a supply of card & paper arriving today for a wedding commission I want to deliver before the end of November, so a quiet day should see me get this underway, then it will be a case of clearing the decks and having a day with the picallili, pickled onions and pickled egg preparation for 28th.

We are kicking off the weekend with a wreath making session on 27th in our village hall. I think about 20 are coming - lunch (my home made soup) afresh bun from our local baker and all materials provided £10 per person - a good price I think. This is the wreath we will be making....


So......back to the grindstone next time it ill be T for Treats...watch this space.

S - my ABC Wednesday contribution - floow the link in the right column to see more fun posts.

12 comments:

  1. Denise, you really do work hard for your village - I do hope they appreciate yuou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Denise... how beautiful of you to take part in it. I did in the past to so i know how much work it is... and still find the time to participate ;-)
    I wish you lots of fun with it!

    Have a nice abc-day/- week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc.-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Love the potteryndecoratins :) Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful decorations and I love the tags.The sparkly dots around the lovely pictures are just perfect.
    Like Weaver I hope the Village appreciates you.
    But isn't it great to have something to plan and keep you busy.
    How are your chickens ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy, Denise! Lovely decorations and tags and what a great way to use up odds and sods!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there no end to your talents Denise ? SUCH a talented lady.
    I'm sure the villagers appreciate your efforts., It's time you had an honour conferred upon you.
    How about Lady Denise Nesbitt The Mayoress of Liverton,.........There sorted !
    Love Di xx
    PS How are all the pets? Not heard much of late ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your crafts - the gift tags and the tree decorations as also the wreath - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing some lovely things. and seem to be in a Christmasy mood! Good for you.
    I will be getting my knitted Nativity set out as usual next month!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your sale was successful the tree decorations are pretty, I hope the wreath making went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly keep busy, and are a true asset to your community!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.

There was an error in this gadget