Pages

Monday, October 26

P is for Pottering.

Pottering is an understatement - I have been up to my eyes. Last Friday was our village Harvest Festival - ofcourse I baked for England and helped with serving etc at the supper. It was a lovely service - as we are a farming community the fact that everything "was gathered in" made it more of a celebration.











I am now set to baking for this approaching event - I will be trying out a pumpkin pie recipe for a desert. We always have a pie of the month so Pumpkin pie it is. I am also making a batch of soup.





On Friday we have a breadmaking workshop ran by our local baker - lunch is provided in the price - hence the large quantity of soup on the go.

P is also for pickles which I am churning out - pottering????? Hmmmmmm!

8 comments:

  1. Your fall fun activities sound so exciting. We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday (see my ABC post) and had a perfectly wonderful time! Wish I could experience fall in Yorkshire! But I am hoping to come for another visit next summer.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your village sounds so lively Denise. Nice to read you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great things going on there - these harvest festivities are wonderful as we prepare for winter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot going on, but I sure would enjoy the breadmaking workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an active lady you are... not a bad thing if you enjoy it to the max ofcourse, wich i wish for you!

    Have a nice abc-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place, so restful and lovely.
    You must feel its a very rewarding thing to be helping with.
    Glad to see you back!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmmmmmmmmm what kind of pickles are you making ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.