Pages

Tuesday, March 3

G is for Getting There and H is for Hole of Horecum!

I missed the letter G last week my laptop had been involved in a disaster (see post below) but over the course of the week I feel progress has been made and I am up and running again - getting there you might say!

Hole of Horecum


This landmark is on the Pickering Road. The particular photo above was taken a couple of years ago. The best time to capture the heather in all it's glory is the last Sunday of August. I used this photo some years ago when I chose 12 of my photographs to depict a year in and around our village. We have been in the village now for over 20 years and I must say how much we enjoy living here. I started to blog back in June 2006.  During that time I have posted endless photographs about matters dear to my heart.

This current blog mrs nesbitt's space was the replacement to my first blog mrs nesbitt's place. I don't know what went wrong - technical issues far beyond my little brain could deal with - so I started this one and all seems to be okay.

In the village we are entering a new era with a new Village Hall Management committee. Jon was elected chairman and I am a member of the committee. Whilst I have been a member in the past, we have new neighbours here and they are buzzing with ideas - so I feel very positive about the coming year. Social media has really developed over the last few years and we are embracing it in an effort to promote the village. I came up with the idea of the village blog and I have also set up Liverton Village's own FB page. It is all in the early stages but all ready we are creating interest in our Village Spring Market.


As I was composing the various posts on the Village Blog I was using the photographs from both my blogs - downloading and saving in various folders which were then so easy to upload. When I looked back there have certainly been a host of events that have happened whilst we have been here - so I am making some more folders so my photographs are organised - a first time for everything eh?

My contribution for ABC Wednesday - a fun way to connect with creative people around the blobe.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Denise - I missed you missing the letter G and glad you are back and able to post. What lovely photos of a beautiful area. I do envy you the village life you have, it is my dream to move to a small country village. The blog is a wonderful idea - the village where our cottage is has their own website and I am able to keep up with all the news even when down in Yorkshire. I would certainly like to visit your Easter Market if we are around that area that particular weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a wonderful photo with the heather. Looks like you live in a very beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cheery poster Denise. We have a thriving village here with all sorts of things going on. It is essential to village life I believe, so good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hole of Horecum looks fabulous. It's great that things are getting interesting in your village. I'll look forward to hearing about progress, should you choose to blog about it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photograph look much warmer than my snowy ones. Hope your Easter market is a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea. A village blog and possible FB page. I dislike FB and just tried it this year what a mess. But I am sure you will make it work. I have been looking up villages around were Weaver lives on google. Plus there is a village with my name !
    I remember your old blog. I loved the name too.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a glorious scene! the poster looks very inviting. wishing you and your husband success in uniting your village for the good of all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a Hole like that on our Upper Bench, but I fear it doesn\t have the same beauty, being dry and covered with sage brush and bunch grass. Lovely pictures of your village.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pic of the hole.
    Glad your laptop is back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo of the moors and the heather, but being a Yorkshire lass -- well almost -- I guessed it wasn't taken in the last few months. I remember heather blooming late July and August. Beautiful and I'm guessing lots of people after experiencing a Yorkshire winter will be looking forward to seeing the heather again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the color! And glad you're BACK! You're THE Mrs. Nesbitt!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopped in a holiday cottage in Pickering once and did a walk taking in Horecum however it was June. When we saw the profusion of heather there thought we must come back in September but never did so your picture is the nearest I've come so far; must remember that last Sunday in August date.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photo! I love the heather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photo Denise! yes thats what I love about blogging, it is a fun way to connect with creative people around the globe.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sea of purple -- how wonderful! Organizing my images into folders is on my To Do list this year. It may even happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.