Pages

Thursday, July 7

Technolgy!!!


This is a 5th Generation iPod Shuffle. My birthday present from Jon.....my choice too! I had never used an iPod before and was determined not to appear the dumb blonde that I am when it comes to new technology. The geek in the store was very helpful and did not try to blind me with science. I asked about an iPod and he told me all about the many games, movies and music I could download. I pointed out it was just the music I was interested in - so the shuffle was suggested. I was impressed by this as it was the cheapest option - the geek did not take the opportunity of flogging a more expensive option to the unsuspecting clueless blonde he was dealing with. (Mind you Jon was at my side!!!)
Well we get home and I try it out. Now my experience of plugging anything into the laptop has been that the laptop takes over - ie it knows what to do and what to tell me to do! In this case .....nothing! Conversations with my technically enhanced nephew followed .......result nothing! After a period of utter frustration I worked out, all on my own what the problem was .....the device needed to be fully plugged in to the laptop - - I had not done this.....once done we were away!
The main purpose of the exercise was to sort out some good old dancing music for my bash on Saturday. After a couple of failed attempts I succeeded - I not only had files of various music on my shuffle - I had a party selection which, via the help of a certain cable, I managed to play via our all round sound system!
A great achievement I think!!

18 comments:

  1. Well done, Denise. See, you did it all on your own. Whoever said women couldn't master technology was a fool. I'm coping with the intricacies of the iPhone, downloading music and all on the in-built iPod - and enjoying it. Have fun at your bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten out of ten Denise. I have still not worked out how to get other than channels 1 to 5 on our new television!

    Would you believe the word verification is singa - I am sure those WV gremlins read our posts before they decide on the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats; you're now more techno advanced than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - and have a lovely party on Saturday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks peeps - the party was last Saturday and boy was it a good one! The music made it! Oh and the wine! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. Sometimes it just takes a little patience to get those darn techy things to work. Sadly, I don't have much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You've had more success with your iPod than I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd never owned an iPod until I retired when I bought myself an iPod Nano (or iPod Nanna as Peter calls it). I absolutely love it and I'm sure you'll love your iPod Shuffle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got one of those for my Birthday. However, son has to load it up as that is beyond me. I Love it and use it to practice my choir pieces on.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, Denise. I have decided to go no further than the basics of my laptop. No facebook; no ipod; no apps; no tweets; it's no use saying you don't know what you're missing, because it's true and I'm quite happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice gift :) We have the Nano and I haven't used it since we got it for our Wedding (not *that* long ago) It was great for doing the tunes, so your bash should work well :) Steve uses our the most but you've reminded me that I need to get some use out of it, thanks :)
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you. Enjoy your new Nano.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Well done. Sometimes technology just 'assumes' we're all geeks/techies and it can be very hard to figure out.

    I have an iPod, one with the video screen, which is great .. except that the power only lasts about 40 minutes with vid playing so movies aren't really worth having.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Happy Birthday! You have lost me with this new technology and I am not even blond.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Birthday greetings. Enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started with the Shuffle and then had to move to a Nano with the radio and video and then the Touch with internet connection and apps.

    It never stops - the Shuffle is just the start

    I'm now saving for an iPad ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too much technology around these days! We're being inundated with new gadgets coming out all the time. Why they have to keep bringing out new and improved items is beyond me; they always brand them as "incredible" "you'll never see anything like this" etc etc, then six months later, they've brought out an updated version! Oooh, the confusion just mounts!!!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crikey! I bow to you, oh technogoddess!
    I haven't got a clue when it comes to techy stuff...that's the engineer's department!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.