Pages

Saturday, June 26

Weekend....sorted!

Back lawn June 2010




The Gardener's Morning

The robin's song at daybreak
is a clarion call to me -
Get up and get out in the garden,
for the morning hours flee.

I cannot resist the summons,
What earnest gardener could?
For the golden hours of morning
Get into the gardener's blood.

The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For life's at its best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.

- Howard Dolf


I find the sheer size of our garden quite daunting at times and need to find a way to identify the various tasks which need to be tackled and come up with a plan!
This week, a blogging friend of mine, Weaver took delivery of a mini=printer and is using it to document her nature season. This gave me a wonderful, (well I think so!) idea!
As I see a task which I can tackle I will simply take a photograph (yes, I am awaiting the delivery of my very own mini-printer) tackle the problem then take another photograph of the finished result! The photographs I will then put into my garden journal which I will make tonight, or when the weather isn't suitable for gardening!
I have a vast collection of Country Living magazines, about 3 years worth of back issues to be precise and I have been looking for a use for them, so these will be used well!

Watch this space!

13 comments:

  1. That looks a very interesting project and much more inspiring than a list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful and that sounds like such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does your dog do with the chickens- I do so little daily but still it gets done like an inch worm hahh sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your project, sounds like a good idea. I often wish my garden were bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sort of 'Before' and 'After' book? Good idea Denise - lovely to hear your voice on the phone.
    I would say relax and let the garden mature on its own with little tweaks here and there from you and those hens. It looks the kind of garden to me that can almost look after itself. Fling a few seeds here and there - enjoy! Remember if you can't work out how to use the printer, do ring. And get the paper ordered asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A garden is always a good project. But if you feel that it is too big, why not work on one area and let the other remain 'wild'. Or get some friends to help you!
    I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I love plants.

    Best wishes,
    Anna

    Anna's W-Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks so lovely Denise. I wish I had more, but I know I wouldn't have the energy to keep it right. Your project sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Update:-

    Printer arrived and thanks to Weaver's help it is now up & running!
    Thanks for all comments - we had a full afternoon in the garden yesterday ans have some photographic evidence which I will share later.
    Tis another lovely day here so we are off to Bridlington for a bike adventure!

    Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have a big garden. Sometimes it's more work to keep up a tiny city garden - the untidiness shows more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - do you know the comment above mine is spam?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda,

    Thanks - yes I recognised the spam comment so I am going to have word verification again - a shame but necessary wouldn't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden looks wonderful. Good to see the hens enjoying the great outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm interested in hearing how you like your new printer. What model, size? Easy? Sounds like a great project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.